TMS PRESS

The Student News Site of Temecula Middle School

TMS PRESS

TMS PRESS

Sephora Kids: The Downfall of Sephora?

Sephora Kids: The Downfall of Sephora?

You’ve probably been inside a Sephora. From Rare Beauty to Drunk Elephant, Sephora provides a large selection of products. However, recently these stores have been infiltrated by teens around the age of middle schoolers. Sephora employees have been complaining about the behavior of these kids. Older generations are concerned about the amount of thought teens have about how we look and the amount of money teens are spending on these products. Let’s take a closer look at what’s going on. 

If you scroll on TikTok, you’re most likely going to find a 9-year-old, putting on concealer and having a 10-step skincare routine even though they probably don’t need it. It’s because the influencers on social media are influencing them. This is a huge problem because kids don’t need all of those products and putting on all of those products will probably do more damage to the skin than good. For example, one of the most popular brands of skincare is Drunk Elephant. Did you know that Drunk Elephant has acids and retinoids that young skin is not ready for? That’s why it’s super important to research things and not to trust everything you see online.  

Another reason people are frustrated with teens is because of their behavior. According to Cothran, “You see this aggressive demeanor towards older people, This level of disrespect that you’ve never seen from a child to a woman. Like they just simply do not care.” This is disappointing to see because we should be better than that. Everyone should be treated with full respect, employees included. 

The last reason people are frustrated (this is the last reason included here, but you can find many more reasons) is because teens keep destroying the testers at Sephora. Kids keep mixing products and some will even go as far as to open a closed product that people buy and use. It’s easy to see the problem here. These testers are supposed to be used to test the product, not for mixing or to just destroy. 

So, the next time you go to Sephora, be kind to the employees, treat the products like you have to pay for them, and research the products you are using on your face. If we don’t stop this issue, then changes might happen so that we can’t even go into Sephora which shouldn’t happen however, if we don’t change our behavior, it probably will.

What do you think? Do you think people should do more to stop teens or are we to blame? Please leave a comment sharing ideas on how to fix this issue. 

Sources:

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Source 4

View Comments (4)