Best Books for Horror Lovers

Murder, kidnapping, death, and more. These are some of the chilling events you can find in the best horror and mystery books. And if you go to a book store you can find infinite options! So which ones are the best for middle schoolers? 

Pretend She’s Here

Pretend She’s Here by Luanne Rice is the perfect suspense book for middle schoolers! It’s based on a true story where a mom kidnapped her dead daughter-(Lizzie) best friend, and tried to turn her into Lizzie. This book touches on alcoholism, grief, friendship, and more. You can find this book in most bookstores, or online as an audiobook!

Tell Me What Really Happened

This interview-style book is set in an interrogation room, where 5 friends are being investigated for the case of their missing friend. They all went on a camping trip and a sequence of events led to the moments you read about. It even has some fantasy topics in it! Click here for a preview of the book (Grade 8 and up)

The Island

The Island is a fast-paced thriller about 6 teenage influences who are all invited to an unopened amusement park. They are all having a great time, until power goes out, and people start disappearing. This book leaves you on the edge of your seat with its cliffhanger, where you get to decipher the ending for yourself. This book is written by Natasha Preston, and you can find it, as well as many other of her books at Target or Barnes and Noble. (Older Teens 14 and up)

Holes

Holes is a mystery-style book written by Louis Sachar. It’s about a curse on a boy, and when he goes to summer camp, he realizes everyone is digging holes! This book has a rating of 4 stars on GoodRead! You can order it online from most stores!

These are just a few of amazing books for horror lovers! Are you going to check out any of these? Leave a comment!