The Philly Specials: Who Are They+Their New Album

The Philadelphia Eagles’ offensive linemen released their first Christmas album on December 23rd 2022, and have now come back with a single for the new Christmas season! Not only are they crazy on the field for football, but they are also crazy in vocals. 

“The Philly Specials”: Who are they? 

Offensive linemen, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson, and Jordan Mailata of the Eagles released their first studio album titled “A Philly Special Christmas” and have now come back with their second album, “A Philly Special Christmas Special”! The trio enjoys singing together while also carrying out plays on the field. “We sing around a lot, like Lane and I will go in the same car after a game sometimes, and we’ll listen to songs,” said Kelce. 

Their Second Studio Album: A Philly Special Christmas Special

On December 1st, the trio released their second album. Not only were fans delighted with the new album, but they also received an 8-minute film along with it. Packed with 11 tracks including the hit “All I Want For Christmas Is You”, fans were so excited that “Fairytale of Philadelphia” made it to the top 10 songs on iTunes and even eventually reached the number one spot.

Will the album feature anybody?

Along with the trio, fans can expect collaborations with other artists. Not only did it include The Kansas City Chiefs’ Travis Kelce, but it also included Philadelphia’s own Patti LaBelle! Patti LaBelle was featured on the song “This Christmas” with Jordan Mailata. You can also hear Travis Kelce on their song “Fairytale of Philidelphia”. 

While they are making scores in both the football and music scene, they are also donating their proceeds to charities like Children’s Crisis Treatment Center and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. 

Now that the holiday season is upon us, we get to enjoy our favorite festive songs, maybe even from our favorite football players. Have you heard of The Philly Specials? Leave a comment!

Sources:

All About A Philly Special Christmas Special, Including Jason and Travis Kelce’s Duet