The Tortured Poets Department; Everything You Need to Know About Taylor Swift’s New Album

If you’re a fan of Taylor Swift, you probably know that on April 18th at 9 PM Taylor dropped her new album, The Tortured Poets Department. The album has 16 songs and is about an hour long, the album also includes two featured artists, Post Malone and Florence + The Machine. Here is all the info for you.  

The Anthology

Two hours after releasing her album, Swift released some shocking news. She had 15 more songs to release because her new album was a double album with 31 songs. The songs on The Tortured Poets Department are:

1. “Fortnight” (feat. Post Malone)
  2. “The Tortured Poets Department”
  3. “My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys”
  4. “Down Bad”
  5. “So Long, London”
  6. “But Daddy I Love Him”
  7. “Fresh Out the Slammer”
  8. “Florida!!!” (feat. Florence + The Machine)
  9. “Guilty as Sin”
  10. “Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?”
  11. “I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)”
  12. “loml”
  13. “I Can Do It With a Broken Heart”
  14. “The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived”
  15. “The Alchemy”
  16. “Clara Bow”

If you look up The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology on Spotify or YouTube all the songs will be on the album, but it will also have 15 more songs. They are:

1. “The Black Dog”
  2. “imgonnagetyouback”
  3. “The Albatross”
  4. “Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus”
  5. “How Did it End?”
  6. “So High School”
  7. “I Hate it Here”
  8. “thanK you aIMee”
  9. “I Look in People’s Windows”
  10. “The Prophecy”
  11. “Cassandra”
  12. “Peter”
  13. “The Bolter”
  14. “Robin”
  15. “The Manuscript”

Hidden Messages

Taylor Swift is known for leaving cryptic messages or hidden meanings in her music videos and song lyrics. Her fans have been trying to decode the album since it came out and most of the speculation is that the songs on this album are about her previous relationships, This is a pattern on her albums. One of the hidden meanings in her songs appears to be in thanK you aIMee. At first glance, it looks like some capital letters shouldn’t be there,  but the capital letters spell out Kim. Swifties immediately made the connection and thought that this song could be referencing the old feud between Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift.

To recap, there are 31, songs 16 released on The Tortured Poets Department and 15 more released on The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology. She collaborated with Post Malone and Florence + The Machine on the songs Fortnight and Florida!!!. If you found this interesting you should listen to the album but there are some very explicit songs. The good news though, is that there are clean versions. What’s your favorite song off the album?

Sources

Everything to Know About Taylor Swift’s New Album, The Tortured Poets Department