TMS PRESS

The Student News Site of Temecula Middle School

TMS PRESS

TMS PRESS

A Christmas Playlist That Will Get You Into The Holiday Mood!

These are the greatest songs to add to your holiday playlist to give it a little spice so it isn’t so boring. From Mariah Carey to George Micheal, these are everyone’s favorite holiday songs.

“All I Want For Christmas Is You”

After defrosting for Christmas, Mariah Carey’s Christmas song is the definition of Christmas for many, being a song you may find in every Christmas playlist. This song will definitely get you into the holiday spirit as it has for a lot of people since it has been a hit song since 1994.

“Rockin Around The Christmas Tree”

This Brenda Lee classic has given everyone a rockin’ holiday since 1958. At only 13 she was able to release an amazing hit song that started her career. Even though she has written many different songs, this was her biggest Christmas hit until she stopped singing after damaging her vocal cords.

“Jingle Bell Rock”

This is a very popular song you may have heard in a few classic movies such as Mean Girls, Home Alone 2: Trapped In New York, and Lethal Weapon. In 1957 Bobby Helms came up with this Christmas hit that brought so many listeners joy after the song was released.

“Last Christmas”

“Last Christmas” I gave you my heart but the very next day when this song was released to many others their hearts loved this song. According to Tom Crawford  Wham’s “ Last Christmas” is the second most popular Christmas song in the world with 220 million streams. Not knowing how popular this Christmas song would be, George Micheal and Andrew Ridgley just expected this song to be a small little tune they wrote.

“Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow”

This Christmas hit titled “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow” written by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne was written during a heatwave in Hollywood in July. They wrote this song to show they want to escape the hot weather and travel to a much cooler place. Now it is a very popular winter song that is a classic you should add to your winter playlists.

“White Christmas”

Irving Berlin wrote this holiday classic in 1940 that was the #1 for 11 weeks in 1942. This song has sold over 50 million in-person copies, one of the world’s best-selling songs. This is a largely listened-to song even to this day which would make it a perfect Christmas song to add to any playlist of yours.

Comment what your favorite Christmas song is!!!

View Comments (2)