TMS PRESS

The Student News Site of Temecula Middle School

TMS PRESS

TMS PRESS

TMS Telescope Night

Telescope night was on January 16, when our school offered extra credit to students who came out to Peltzer Farms to do some stargazing and get free hot chocolate. So many students came, and overall, it was an excellent event. 

About the Event

The PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association), the Temecula Valley Astronomers (TVA), and the TMS science teachers organized the event. Mr. Hinrichs, as well as some other teachers, were there at the event. The TVA brought their telescopes, and students could go from one to the other and look at different things in space to get extra credit in their science classes. 

Stargazing

If you didn’t make it to astronomy night, don’t worry! There are plenty of other ways to look at the stars. Unfortunately, light pollution is difficult to avoid, but there are still plenty of places to go. Campsites like Vail Lake are great places for that. Telescopes can be pricey, but if you’re just getting started, there are apps you can download that show you the constellations.

Astronomy Night was a good extra credit opportunity and an amazing event. For more about the stars and stargazing, click here

Links

Stargazing