Breast Cancer Awareness

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an important time to come together and raise awareness about this disease that has affected and left a mark on so many lives. People wear pink to raise awareness throughout the month.

Breast Cancer Awareness: Much More Than Just Pink Out

Many people may just brush aside and not think anything more about the opportunity to dress up for Pink Out. Pink Out is one day usually in October to dress up in pink to bring awareness to the people that have been affected and to honor the warriors who have survived breast cancer. 

Because of its great importance its not just one day. In fact it has a whole month, October! That is because it was “first organized movement to bring attention to breast cancer.” The symbol for breast cancer is a pink ribbon, but why? It used to be a light-peach ribbon, but then changed to pink. The color pink is thought to be calming, life-affirming, playful, stress relieving, and quieting. Some ribbons are still pastel pink, which means to be health-giving. 

Mr.Salcedo’s PRIDE Class
Mrs.Crippen’s PRIDE Class
Mrs.Akashian’s PRIDE Class

Pink Out is beyond just dressing up. Its about honoring those who have struggled with the terrible thing called breast cancer. Did you dress up? Leave a comment.

Sources:

Pink BCA

View Comments (1)