How does Social Media affect you Pros and Cons!

How does Social Media affect you Pros and Cons 

How long do you spend on social media every day? The average middle Schooler spends about 5 and a half hours, and that’s only on social media. Researchers say we should be spending no more than 2 hours a day. But how many people actually use that amount and how does it affect people?

Pros:

Social media is such a big part of this generation, but does it affect us in any positive way? Well, if that’s a question you have then here’s a few ways social media can have a positive impact on you throughout your day!

• You can learn valuable information
  • You can evaluate performance!
  • You can become viral (at any age)
  • You can strengthen friendships
  • You could publish your thoughts
  • You can find out news easily

As you can see, there is a positive side to social media that can help many people of this generation grow and learn!

Cons:

Around 70% of teenagers are addicted to social media. Many people will argue that social media has a bad influence on kids these days, what do you think? Here are some reasons why people would think that it has a negative effect on this generation.

• There’s lots of cyber bullying 
  • These a lot of content that is not age appropriate
  • It’s extremely addicting
  • It causes people to get less hours of sleep
  • It can spread misinformation
  • It increases stress

There are many reasons why people would think social media is bad for kids. And these are just a few! 

As you can see, social media has many negative and positive effects for this generation but do the pros outweigh the cons? Is the amount of pros you can gain worth the hours you’ll be losing to social media? If you have an opinion on this make sure to comment what you think!

View Comments (4)