Candy Corn- Delicious or Inedible?

There are many Halloween treats like chocolate and gummies, but here is one in particular that catches lots of peoples’ eyes. There are many different opinions about this sweet white, orange, and yellow candy. Yes, you guessed it! Candy corn is a famous sugary snack that many enjoy or hate. What is it made of? Let’s find out!

These small candies may trick you into thinking not a lot goes into making them. Well, there are actually lots of different steps and ingredients that are used when creating them. Of course there are ingredients like sugar, corn syrup, salt, but there are some other ingredients you probably may not have known about. For example, crushed up animal bones are part of the process of making candy corn. 

Next, let’s hear the opinions of some of the classes here at TMS!

Who likes candy corn?

(Mr. Fonseca’s class) Yes 13    No 6 

(Mr. Guzman’s class) Yes 18    No 5 

(ASB Students) Yes 13   No 8 

(Mrs. Vogt’s class) Yes 11  No 4

As you can tell, this candy can get opinions from “Wow this is amazing!” to “Yuck I hate this!” Candy corn is sold lots around the world on Halloween! So, do you love or hate this candy? Leave a comment! 

Sources

https://www.businessinsider.com/candy-corn-ingredients-made-of-gelatin-lac-resin-halloween-sugar-syrup-2017-10#:~:text=It’s%20actually%20made%20up%20of,parts%20like%20hides%20and%20bones.

https://www.britannica.com/explore/savingearth/the-processing-of-gelatin#:~:text=Gelatin%20is%20made%20from%20decaying,are%20obtained%20from%20slaughter%20houses.

View Comments (12)