The Travis Kelce Controversy

The Travis Kelce Controversy

Let’s face it. We all know about the tea. Travis Kelce, the Chief’s Tight end, is dating the music sensation Taylor Swift. The couple has angered football fans and excited Swifties alike. This is old news at this point, or is it? The fight between the Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce shippers and the football fans has just erupted in the Superbowl, and the ending was either ecstatic or outraged. So why are football fans outraged by this couple?

The Downsides

During the Ravens vs. the Chiefs game things started to get heated between the football fans and the Swifties. Many fans were annoyed about Taylor Swift’s appearance, disrupting the game. Here’s what some of our Bobcat football fans have said about this:

Question: “Why don’t you like Taylor Swift showing up during football games?”

“ The whole time it was about her,” Genia G. 7th grade.

“The only people who rooted for the Chiefs were fans of Taylor Swift,” Jillian 8th grade.

Question: “ How do you feel about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift dating?” 

“ I don’t like it. It interferes with football games,” Angelina A. 8th grade.

“No opinion,” Ethan C 6th grade.

“She shows up all the time, and for what?” Val 8th grade.

The Upsides

Swifties on the other hand were excited to hear about Taylor Swift dating Travis Kelce. Because of this, Super Bowl LVIII is the most viewed Super Bowl to date. It pulled in at an average of 123.4 million views, smashing the previous record of around 115 million. This makes it not just the most viewed Super Bowl, but one of the most viewed programs ever. Who do we have to thank for this? Taylor Swift. Let’s see what some of our Swiftie bobcats have to say about Travis and Taylor.

Question: “What do you think about Taylor Swift dating Travis Kelce?”

“Cute,” Quinn A. 7th grade.

“I think it’s great. I would be depressed if she wasn’t alive,” Mia 8th grade.

Question: “How do you feel about Taylor Swift being at games and showing up on T.V.?”

“Good for her, I don’t care who she’s dating,” Hannah A. 8th grade.

“It’s okay, I’m fine with it,” Charlotte J. 6th grade.

So what do you think about the Travis Kelce controversy? If you want to learn more, check out the sources below.  Are you a Swiftie, a football fan, or both? Leave a comment!

Source 1

Source 2

View Comments (2)