Cakes vs. Cupcake, which one’s better?

It’s an age-old question, Which is better,  cakes vs cupcakes?  In order to really know we have to see what is the difference between the two.  

Cakes have been around since ancient Egypt and they have many different flavors and varieties. The word cake is derived from the Norse word “kaka”. European bakers baked fruit cakes or gingerbreads which could last for months. The first modern cake with frosting was made around the year 1700.  Birthday cake, cookies & cream, carrot cake, ice cream cake, bundt cake etc. These large desserts are the best way to have a celebration. From birthdays to the end of the New Year’s celebrations. Though cakes do tend to take longer to bake, they can still be bought at your local grocery store, you can even find ice cream cake at Cold Stone and Dairy Queen.

But what are the pros and cons of cake? Cake tends to boost your mood but is very unhealthy, low in nutrition, can cause obesity, and even diabetes when eaten a lot.

But how do cupcakes compare to cakes? Cupcakes are basically miniature versions of cakes. Cupcakes were invented in 1796. The term “cupcake” was used to remember the amount of ingredients to make a cake. 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, and 4 eggs. The 1 2 3 4 recipe is also why they used to be called number cakes. They are also great for parties or celebrations. They can be made with the same variety as cakes and can even take less time to make.

What are the pros and cons of cupcakes? Cupcakes are easier to transport and have better portions than cakes. They’re also healthier than cakes, Cupcakes have 105 calories and 4 grams of fat while larger slices of cakes have 245 calories and 14 grams of fat. But since cupcakes have fewer calories you need to force yourself to eat more than you want if you want to get more calories.

But which one takes the cake? Leave a comment!

View Comments (5)