Cafeteria food what do you think?

Cafeteria food what do you think?

Elizabeth Medina

There’s one thing that can make or break a school cafeteria food. All schools have it but how good is it? On TV, the cafeteria food is shown as mush but that’s not how it really is. Many students get food from our school cafeteria. Recently you have not had to pay for cafeteria food. Due to covid and recent circumstances, the state of California has agreed to pay for all school lunches.

Cafeteria food started in 1894 with Phildaphelia and Boston being the first cities to start serving food. The original cafeteria lunch consisted of milk and sandwiches. But school lunches have changed through the years. Do students like them now?

Some of the choices kids have to choose from include spicy or regular chicken sandwiches, cheesy pull apart, and yogurt. A recent survey showed that 12 out of 32 students buy cafeteria food ,20 out of 32 bring food, and 5 out of 12 cafeteria actually like the food. Here’s what some students at TMS think.

“What do you think about our school cafeteria food?”

“It’s not the best but it’s edible. But they should get rid of the raisin bars. They should make the slushies $0 and make the water free.”(Eisley Turnbow 6th Grade)

“It kinda depends on what it is but mostly it’s good. They should make more food that kids eat most.” (Yuliana Orozco 6th Grade)

“Depends, some of it is good and some of it is horrible.” (Bailey Geiger (7th Grade)

“I like to eat the cafeteria food I think it’s good.” (Olivia McPherson 8th Grade)

Although not everyone agrees, everyone has their own opinion. Those are just a couple of student’s answers. What do you think? What is the best lunch to get at the cafeteria? Leave a comment.